Saturday, August 7, 2010

Book Rave and Mockingjay Pre-Order at National Bookstore

It was Friday night and I was supposed to meet Cay and Simi at Glorietta 3 Mall. But there was a change of plan and I decided to stroll alone instead at Glorietta 5. I was supposed to go to the Wade shoe store because I wanted to look at and try one of their shoe merchandise. However, I later found out that the Wade store is in Glorietta 3 and not in Glorietta 5. To cut my disappointment, I went inside the National Bookstore. I saw that they had this mega-sale on some of their hardbound books that only cost 99 PhP each. I looked at their book sale collection and found two interesting hardback fictions.



I was intrigued by the books' synopsis and, not to mention, the books were a little bit of delving on conspiracy theories about Jesus and his life. I liked Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code and it was purely fiction. This time around, the books mentioned that the authors had more than 30 years of research and study on Jesus' life based on excavated artifacts and scholars' accounts. So, I trust that these books will be rich in history and more credible in facts. I then decided to buy these two books. I should have gone out of the bookstore already but saw the Mockingjay pre-order sale that NBS has. 


I am a big fan of the two books of the trilogy, Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Without hesitation, I paid also for the 200PhP reservation fee for the book which will be out on August 25, two weeks from now. Aside from getting the book early, they will also give us a limited Mockingjay shirt for free and the hardbound book only costs 530 Php which already includes the 200 Php reservation fee. I can't wait already for August 25 and find out what will happen to Katniss, Peeta and the entire Panem. 

After some time, I am now going back to avid reading again. It took a while but I hope this will be a start of setting some time to read regularly. After all, if I am planning to go to grad school or law school soon, I better polish my reading habits starting right now. 

After I read the books, I will set some time to sit down and write my reviews here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment